Sunday, April 21, 2013

Comic and Cartoon design process.

Here are a few of the visual steps I like to take when creating a new project.


I like to start with a shape for the head and draw it from each angle.

  • Looking to the left and up.
  • Looking to the left.
  • Looking left and down.
  • Facing front.
  • Rear facing.
  • Looking right and up.
  • Looking right.
  • Looking right and down.
This may seem like a lot right now but it will save you hours of time in the future if you take care of this now.


Here are many different eyes and noses to be used for characters faces.


Here are some hair styles.


Here is the characters body sheet.

                       Body sheets can include the full body from each angle that will be viewed in your comic. You can also cut the body up in to smaller pieces to give yourself a quick reference guide to use late.


Here is a full character design. (The Ghost)

                       I have found in my years of drawing that if you give yourself a base design sheet you can reefer back to it at anytime to make you drawing workflow much smoother.


                       I hope this has helped you and if so let me know. If you would like to know what the lines mean on the head angle sheet let me know and I will add an explanation.


Here is a link to my official cartoonist studio.



Till next time,

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment